Open Text Summarizer Upstream Module 1.0 Release

Reetesh Ranjan reeteshr at outlook.com
Fri Jan 17 18:35:49 UTC 2014

Hi,
I have developed a highly efficient version of OTS - the popular open source text summarizer s/w. For few documents, while OTS takes about 40ms to produce text summary, my version takes around 8ms only. I created a service using my version that listens to summary requests and provide summaries. I have developed an nginx upstream module for this service.
You can use it in web sites that involve showing summaries of documents and would be thinking about performance due to scale and other features.
Performance note: the service uses select and non-blocking socket I/O for communicating to client.
Nginx upstream module for Summarizer:https://github.com/reeteshranjan/summarizer-nginx-module
Highly efficient version of OTS:https://github.com/reeteshranjan/summarizer
Original OTS:https://github.com/neopunisher/Open-Text-Summarizerhttp://libots.sourceforge.net/
Regards,Reetesh