Decompressing a compressed response from upstream, applying transformations and then compressing for downstream again

Rv Rv rvrv7575 at
Mon Jan 20 13:40:30 UTC 2014

Is there a way we can achieve the following when nginx is acting as a reverse proxy
	1. Client sends HTTP request with Accept-Encoding as gzip
	2. Nginx proxy forwards the request with the request header intact
	3. Origin server sends a compressed response
	4. At the nginx proxy, we *decompress* the response, apply transformations on the response body and then *again* compress it
In other words, is there a way to use the functionality of gzip and gunzip modules simultaneously for a processing a response and in a particular order