Nested location block for merging config returns 404?

WheresWardy nginx-forum at
Tue Jan 21 13:59:48 UTC 2014

> Your line
>   location \.(txt|css) {
> looks like a regex, but you're not telling nginx it /is/ a regex. I
> wouldn't expect anything to work until you fix that.

Apologies, that was a typo during simplification of my config. I do indeed
have a ~ in my nested location block, and it's definitely matching

Everything else you've specified seems to fit my observed behaviour, so
think it's just that my use case doesn't fit with the inheritance rules as
they stand. Thanks for your help!