[OpenResty] How to start Nginx?

Yichun Zhang (agentzh) agentzh at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 19:48:10 UTC 2014

Hello!

On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 6:43 AM, Shohreh wrote:
> Using OpenResty, I compiled and installed a Lua-capable Nginx in /tmp so I
> could experiment with it before replacing the current Nginx that was
> installed through apt-get.
>
> However, since files are located in non-standard locations, Nginx can't find
> them:

You should use the command

    ./configure --prefix=/tmp/openresty --with-luajit

to build your openresty.

You cannot move already installed openresty directory tree to other
places because we use RPATH in the "nginx" executable file's header to
locate dynamic libraries (like the libluajit-5.1.so.2 file).

Regards,
-agentzh