Using 2 intersection of conditions for proxy_cache_bypass (avoiding logical if/and)

B.R. reallfqq-nginx at
Sat Jan 25 03:03:32 UTC 2014

On Sat, Jan 25, 2014 at 3:40 AM, Jeroen Ooms <jeroen.ooms at>wrote:

> This looks like a fragile solution. You're basically simulating an
> "if", but I don't think we should assume that nginx will resolve all
> maps in the defined order, as would be using "if".
> ​*snip*
> Maybe someone from the nginx team can comment if this is a viable solution?

​You explicited clearly you wanted to avoid if/and logic in your message
subject (one could wonder why since there appears to be no other trivial
In the end, since proxy_cache_bypass doc clearly state that it works based
on an OR logic, what you wish won't happen magically.

With those ​conditions set, I hardly see something that won't look edgy...

​Maybe someone else could help you better.​
Good luck,
*B. R.*