How can the number of parallel/redundant open streams/temp_files be controlled/limited?

Paul Schlie schlie at comcast.net
Tue Jul 1 00:44:07 UTC 2014

Is there any possible solution for this problem?

As although proxy_cache_lock may inhibit the creation of multiple proxy_cache files, it has seemingly no effect on the creation of multiple proxy_temp files, being the true root of the problem which the description of proxy_cache_lock claims to solve (as all proxy_cache files are first proxy_temp files, so unless proxy_cache_lock can properly prevent the creation of multiple redundant proxy_temp file streams, it can seemingly not have the effect it claims to)?

(Further, as temp_file's are used to commonly source all reverse proxy'd reads, regardless of whether they're using a cache hashed naming scheme for proxy_cache files, or a symbolic naming scheme for reverse proxy'd static files; it would be nice if the fix were applicable to both.)