Forward proxy preserving the domain

dandv nginx-forum at
Fri Jul 4 01:31:04 UTC 2014

Basically, I want to set up a proxy running on that
will take any URI, retrieve `$request_uri`, and pass it on to the
client, preserving my domain for the client.

So far I have this config:

server {
  location / {
    resolver;  # why exactly is this necessary?

It works, but what happens is that nginx returns a `HTTP/1.1 301 Moved
Permanently` response, with `Location` set to$request_uri. How is this different from the rewrite
directive, or from `return 301$request_uri` ?

I want instead a straight response of the actual contents at$request_uri. How can I do that?

PS: what in the world are the formatting codes for this forum?
[code]...[/code] doesn't work; not even [b]...[/b] does. Yeah, sorry for not
indenting my code above - no idea how to do it.