Memory use flares up sharply, how to troubleshoot?

Maxim Dounin mdounin at
Mon Jul 21 19:32:28 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 02:18:08PM -0400, gthb wrote:

> > The debuging log includes full information about all memory
> > allocations, see
> Thank you. I haven't been able to reproduce this outside of production (or
> even in production) so I might have to leave debug logging enabled in
> production and hope to catch this next time it happens. Am I right to assume
> that enabling debug is going to weigh quite heavily on production usage, and
> eat up disk very fast? (Traffic peaks at around 100 req/sec and 2 MB/sec.)

While debug logging is costly enough to notice, 100 r/s is quite
low and it should be fine to just enable the logging.  If in
doubt, you may start with enabling debug only for a fraction of
users using the debug_connection directive, see

In any case, it may be a good idea to show full configuration as
recommended at -
mostly to make sure you haven't overlooked something obvious like
"uwsgi_buffer_size 10m" or alike.

Maxim Dounin