nginx subdomains ajp module

LucianaD nginx-forum at nginx.us
Thu Jul 24 10:09:14 UTC 2014

Hi,
of course!
I've used the standard package (the one I install with apt-get on ubuntu
server) and I made this configuration:

upstream tomcat_server {

        server tomcat.domain.com:8080;
}

server{
        listen 80;
        server_name     app1.domain.com;
        location / {

                proxy_pass      http://tomcat_server/app1/;
                sub_filter      /app1/       /;

to use subdomains, but the application didn't work properly: once I did
login, the user session wasn't loaded , so I couldn't use it (after login, I
saw alway the login page with some parts of other pages) , so someone
adviced me to use ajp connector.
I've installed again nginx without the use of apt-get and now my
configuration is:

worker_processes  1;

#error_log  logs/error.log;
#error_log  logs/error.log  notice;
#error_log  logs/error.log  info;

#pid        logs/nginx.pid;

events {
    worker_connections  1024;
}

http {
        upstream tomcat {
                server tomcat.domain.com:8009;
        keepalive 20;

                        }

        server {
                listen 80;
                server_name app1.domain.com;

        location / {
                ajp_keep_conn on;
                ajp_pass       tomcat/app1/;

but I don't know how to configure it to have something like app1.domain.com
and check if it works.
With this config, when I go on app1.domain.com, I see the main page of
tomcat server

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,252011,252016#msg-252016