Issue nginx - ajax

Vishal Mestri vishal.mestri at
Wed Jun 4 04:48:42 UTC 2014

Hi Jonathan Matthews,

Thank you for your valuable comments.
I understand , what you would like to suggest, b ut we are using self-signed certificate just for trial demo.

Once UAT is done, we would be using actual certificate, where I guess we will not face any issue.

Thanks & Regards,
Vishal Mestri

----- Original Message -----

From: "Jonathan Matthews" <contact at>
To: nginx at
Sent: Tuesday, June 3, 2014 5:35:29 PM
Subject: Re: Issue nginx - ajax

On 3 June 2014 11:58, Vishal Mestri <vishal.mestri at> wrote:
> Hi B.R. and all,
> Really thank you for your support till now.
> We were able to resolve issue on IE as well as on Firefox.
> we did following settings:-
> 1) IE
> We added my website to secure site list.
> Post that, I imported certificate to "Trusted Root Certiication
> Authorities".

And that's a solution for /all/ clients who'll be accessing this site?
You're going to make them install your *site* cert as a root CA?

I think you may have made a mistake here. At the very least, you're
doing the wrong thing.

> 2) I used "security exception option" by adding same certificate twice by
> accessing two different ports 6401 and 443.

I'd keep working on this, if it were me. YMMV.

nginx mailing list
nginx at