Caching servers in Local ISPs !!

shahzaib shahzaib shahzaib.cb at
Wed Jun 4 18:50:08 UTC 2014

@itpp, i just used your method try_files and it worked flawlessly :).
Following is the testing config :

server {
    listen       80;
        root /var/www/html/files;

location / {
        root   /var/www/html/files;
       try_files $uri @getfrom_origin;
location @getfrom_origin {

if proxy_pass worked for localhost, i hope it will also work for remote
host to forward request if the file doesn't exist on local caching server.

Would you suggest me to add some more configs for tweaking on nginx ?

Btw, proxy_pass should only be for mp4 and jpeg, cause the caching is only
for video files.

Should i use rsync or lsync for mirroring the files between Origin and
caching server ?

Suggestion will be highly appreciated.

On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 4:19 PM, shahzaib shahzaib <shahzaib.cb at>