Send all requests to two separate upstream servers?

Richard Kearsley richard at kearsley.me
Tue Jun 17 15:08:17 UTC 2014

On 17/06/14 15:13, Eric Feldhusen wrote:
> I have a need to adjust a nginx install doing reverse proxy to a
> single server now to adjust it to send all requests it receives to two
> different upstream servers.
do you mean
a) send each request to both?
b) send each request to one or the other (like load balancing)

a) is not possible, simply because of the basics of proxying and http
(there would be 2 http responses mixed into 1 connection)
b) can be done with 1 / location but adding another address to the
upstream block:

|upstream backend {
     server   <ip address>
|||     server   <ip address>|