Caching servers in Local ISPs !!

itpp2012 nginx-forum at
Tue Jun 17 18:32:59 UTC 2014

shahzaib1232 Wrote:
> i don't think the solution rdns will be suitable for us. I have
> checked the
> zebra software to make linux a BGP router
> pf-router/
> Could you tell me if BGP is capable of doing what we want? Because our
> local ISP supports this method and i have no idea how to implement it.
> Functionality we need, is to auto detect the new ip prefixes from
> local ISP
> so they'll not have to provide us thousands of prefixes on daily
> basis.

Why not use a DNS for the clients? your making things too complicated.

Client-1-request at ISP-1 -> ISP-1-DNS -> (which
is your edge box)
Client-1-request at ISP-2 -> ISP-2-DNS -> (which
is your box in the US)

Anyone from ISP-1 will always be directed to the edge systems, anyone else
to where-ever you point the dns.

ISP's also use regional DNS servers which allows you more edge systems
closer to the users.

Anyway, BGP see (netflix solution)