http Keepalive implementation

prkumar nginx-forum at
Thu Jun 19 05:24:53 UTC 2014

I was going through NGINX source code to implement keepalive for nginx
zeromq plugin that I have developed.
I have been inspired by ngx_http_upstream_keepalive_module. Was wondering
why nginx uses a kind of two linkedlist based stack implementation to
implement keepalive connection pool. Why not use  typical linkedlist based
queue implementation.
Kindly refer to ngx_http_upstream_keepalive_module.c

I used exactly like this without wondering why, now I kind of want to know
the reason.