Download full mp4 file with proxy_cache or proxy_store !!

shahzaib shahzaib shahzaib.cb at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 06:12:00 UTC 2014

      we're using two servers (one proxy and one backend). Proxy server is
using proxy_cache to cache mp4 files from backend server and working fine.
When i stream a full video from cache, the header response gives me the
cache-status: HIT but whenever i seek the mp4 file i.e
http://url/test.mp4?start=33 , the Cache-status changes to : MISS . Does
that mean, the proxy server is again downloading the same file after the 33
seconds ?

Can't i use nginx proxy_cache to download whole mp4 file and and than seek
from it instead of fetching the file again and again ? Does proxy_store has
this functionality if not proxy_cache ?