Download full mp4 file with proxy_cache or proxy_store !!

shahzaib shahzaib shahzaib.cb at
Fri Jun 20 19:14:36 UTC 2014

@Lukas, we're using nginx-1.6 and byte range caching is already enabled by
default(i guess). Below is the curl request :-

 curl -H Range:bytes=16- -I
HTTP/1.1 206 Partial Content
Server: nginx
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 13:36:05 GMT

Could you tell me how can i check using curl that if nginx downloading the
whole file each time the user seek the video with mp4 psuedo module  i.e

I am newbie to proxy_cache and much confused about the behavior.

I know rsync is better solution but it cannot cache the videos on fly
instead to have a schedule to rsync file in off-peak hours. We want to
cache only videos which are accessed 10 times and nginx is doing well with
proxy_cache_min directive.