How can the number of parallel/redundant open streams/temp_files be controlled/limited?

Paul Schlie schlie at
Tue Jun 24 23:51:04 UTC 2014

Thank you; however it appears to have no effect on reverse proxy_store'd static files?

(Which seems odd, if it actually works for cached files; as both are first read into temp_files, being the root of the problem.)

Any idea on how to prevent multiple redundant streams and corresponding temp_files being created when reading/updating a reverse proxy'd static file from the backend?

(Out of curiosity, why would anyone ever want many multiple redundant streams/temp_files ever opened by default?)