Some Issues with Configuration

Richard Ibbotson richard.ibbotson at
Wed Mar 5 21:18:04 UTC 2014

On Wednesday 05 Mar 2014 21:03:22 Jonathan Matthews wrote:
> Nginx doesn't execute PHP. It passes each request destined for your
> blog (i.e. the locations you decide are "your blog") to another
> process that runs/is-running the PHP. Take a look here, and it might
> help:

I'll have a read through this again.  The part that might work is...

   location /blog {
                try_files $uri $uri/ /blog/index.php?$args;
        location ~ \.php$ {
                fastcgi_split_path_info ^(/blog)(/.*)$;

But... I have not just /blog but others.  Such as /journalism and
others.  Do I just put in another location for that ?  Such as ....

  location /journalism {
                try_files $uri $uri/ /journalism/index.php?$args;
        location ~ \.php$ {
                fastcgi_split_path_info ^(/journalism)(/.*)$;

> If you're still stuck, please have a google before asking more
> questions here. There are many, many, *many* articles out there,
> explaining how to get Nginx+PHP/WordPress working, and the config
> you posted above strongly suggests you've not read any of them yet!
> The Internet is your friend ... ;-)

I spent a month doing that.  Been going to ApacheCon since 2001.  Done
most international GNU/Linux and BSD conferences.  Seen a few things.
I'm a bit lost on NGINX configuration.  Something new to learn :)