Custom error page on SSL negotiation failure

Lukas Tribus luky-37 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 17 15:32:17 UTC 2014

Hi,

> I am trying to stop my customers that are trying to connect from an
> insecure web browser (my goal is to use only TLS1.2). I have read
> the documentation and I am able to set correct ssl ciphers and
> protocols on the server side, but I am interested in serving custom
> page when they are using different SSL protocol.

If you want to serve anything, including custom error pages, than
you need to allow all ssl ciphers and let your application return
that error, based on the SSL cipher used.

Checkout "Embedded Variables" in the SSL module [1].

Regards,

Lukas

[1] http://nginx.org/en/docs/http/ngx_http_ssl_module.html#variables