Nginx Server with Two network Card

Thameera Nawaratna lists at ruby-forum.com
Thu Mar 20 03:31:28 UTC 2014

Hi All,

Server has installed with Nginx with one NIC and later on we add another
NIC. we can use SSH or any other service to connect to the server with
new IP address (New NIC). But I am not able to connect to the port
define for Nginx server.

I am not able to telnet to the port with new IP.

Our application run on torqubox.

Here is my default.conf file

server {
  listen 10000;
  server_name default;
  underscores_in_headers  on;
  location / {
      access_log off;
      proxy_pass http://127.0.0.1:8080;
      proxy_set_header Host $host;

Server: Ubuntu x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Nginx: nginx version: nginx/1.4.1 (Ubuntu)

Any Idea why Nginx not accept connections from new IP?