Defining a default server for when vhost does not exist for requested hostname (including blank hostname), for http and https

Jonathan Matthews contact at
Fri Mar 28 17:03:43 UTC 2014

On 28 March 2014 16:51, Ben Johnson <ben at> wrote:
> Maxim, when you say, "If SNI is used, it's in theory possible to close a
> connection early," do you mean to imply that while possible, this
> capability has not yet been implemented in nginx (the tickets are still
> open after almost two years)?

I'd suggest that, across all software (including nginx!), SNI
bugs/features like this will get exponentially more attention after
Windows XP goes EOL this April, as (I believe) it's the last major
platform not to support SNI.