using $upstream* variables inside map directive

Kirill K. nginx-forum at
Wed May 7 12:53:56 UTC 2014

Thanks, Ruslan,
Thing is, I tried to "debug" whether $dontcache is being set at all by
exposing it via response headers (along with content-length), and it shows
that $upstream_response_length is ignored by map completely, i.e. no matter
where I use $dontcache, it will never get any value different from default
(i.e. 0). Even though $upstream_response_length  is validated correctly (and
can be exposed in headers), the map directive just ignores it.