Issue from forum: SSL: error:1408F119:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_RECORD:decryption failed or bad record mac

Mark Moseley moseleymark at
Wed May 7 18:29:55 UTC 2014

On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 12:55 AM, Lukas Tribus <luky-37 at> wrote:

> Hi,
> >> The fix is already in OpenBSD [4], Debian and Ubuntu will probably ship
> the
> >> patch soon, also see [5] and [6].
> >
> > Oh, cool, that's good news that it's upstream then. Getting the patch
> > to apply is a piece of cake. I was more worried about what would happen
> > for the next libssl update. Hopefully Ubuntu will pick that update up.
> > Thanks!
> FYI, debian already ships this since April, 17th:
> Ubuntu not yet, as it seems.

Looks like it's hit Ubuntu now. Since I've updated, I've not seen a single
one of these errors, which is great. I was seeing at least a handful per
hour before, so that's a pretty good sign.