Dropped https client connection doesn't drop backend proxy_pass connection

newnovice nginx-forum at nginx.us
Fri May 16 22:32:32 UTC 2014

Does this also affect a 'Connection Close' header coming from the upstream
service - being sent as a connect-keep-alive to the requesting client thru
my nginx ssl reverse proxy?

(I am trying to setup nginx as an SSL proxy; when the upstream service sends
a connection close I want this to be passed on by nginx to the client
requesting pages in the fronted.)

webbrowser -> 443-nginx-ssl-offload -> http-connection-upstream_service.
i am trying to use: 1.2.6 with a few patches.

I would truly appreciate your help/advice. I have an upstream_service on the
same host that is sending a connection_close - and I think nginx is sending
back a connection_keepalive out to the client webbrowser. Does this issue
co-relate to the fix in 1.5.5 ?

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,237386,250166#msg-250166