passing data to CGI scripts via PATH_INFO

Valentin V. Bartenev vbart at
Thu May 22 18:32:52 UTC 2014

On Thursday 22 May 2014 16:26:54 Phil Knight wrote:
> Hi
> We are having an issue passing data to CGI scripts via PATH_INFO
> environment variable.
> for example:-
> On  various apache servers this works fine and the PATH_INFO variable
> will contain "/=", on our nginx server we are getting a 403 forbidden
> error. We are using fcgiwrap [1] for running CGI and .cgi scripts are
> executing.
> Could this be an issue with nginx configuration?

Most likely this is an issue with the configuration.

Actually nginx knows nothing about CGI and it's environment variables
(including PATH_INFO), so you are free to set it any value you think

  wbr, Valentin V. Bartenev