Request for a "no capture" rewrite directive enhancement

Peter Mescalchin peter.mescalchin at
Wed May 28 04:55:07 UTC 2014

Thanks Igor,

   I had explored that method already, sadly (as you know) "alias" is given
as an absolute path meaning I can't use this block of config within
multiple virtual hosts which I include; - would have to re-write this same
block of config for each Virtual host modifying the alias path prefix.

And since alias man page explicitly states that $document_root can't be
used it's not possible to complete this config in a reusable way. (e.g.
alias $document_root/path/to/$1/$2; would be perfect).

Alas, I think what I have (storing the captures in temp vars) is the only
real solution thus far.

Unless the penny hasn't dropped in my head? :)