CentOS 6.6, SELinux breaks Nginx 1.6.0

richardm nginx-forum at nginx.us
Sat Nov 1 16:57:33 UTC 2014

>For now, to work around the issue, CentOS forum user sercan has provided
the following commands to create
>a new SELinux policy for Nginx. I've tested it on two of my servers and it
works.
> . . .

And there's one more quick workaround to get running very quickly. Not
entirely recommended since this turns off SELinux for nginx (while leaving
it on for everything else).

# semanage permissive -a httpd_t

With this setting I expect the audit.log file will fill quickly with many
warning messages. Another reason why it is not a great idea except for
emergencies. But it worked for me as a quick test. (Don't forget to set it
back to enforcing later).

Richard

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,254456,254512#msg-254512