Handling redirects among upstream servers

zappa nginx-forum at nginx.us
Fri Nov 7 17:25:48 UTC 2014

Unfortunately I'm not able to change the behaviour of the upstream servers,
these are a closed-source commercial product and come as-is.

I'll look into the proxy_redirect to see if I can preserve the server to
redirect to in some way, something like a GET argument or cookie.

I just found out about the Lua module as well. I'm pretty fluent at Lua so
I'll see if the module offers the tools to solve my problem - maybe I can
forge X-accel-redir headers before Ngix handles the response and trick it
into thinking these were generated by upstream.

Thank you,

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,254664,254683#msg-254683