Using both keepalive requests and timeout

Valentin V. Bartenev vbart at
Wed Nov 19 20:03:14 UTC 2014

On Wednesday 19 November 2014 14:52:19 josephlim wrote:
> Hi Valentin,
> Thank you for clarifying that, however now that makes me wonder about this:
> if we set our timeout value to 30s and did not set our requests value, does
> this mean that the default requests value of 100 restriction is imposed or
> does nginx only respect the timeout value explicitly declared?
> Thank you again in advance

This is actually what the default value is about.

You may look to the documentation and see that most of directives have
its own default value that is used when the directive isn't specified
in the configuration.

  wbr, Valentin V. Bartenev