Using both keepalive requests and timeout

Das, Jagannath jadas at akamai.com
Thu Nov 20 11:07:31 UTC 2014

httperf --server localhost --hog --method POST --wsess=1,102,2 --print-reply --print-request

From: "Valentin V. Bartenev" <vbart at nginx.com<mailto:vbart at nginx.com>>
Date: Thursday, November 20, 2014 at 2:55 PM
To: "nginx at nginx.org<mailto:nginx at nginx.org>" <nginx at nginx.org<mailto:nginx at nginx.org>>
Subject: Re: Using both keepalive requests and timeout

On Thursday 20 November 2014 14:43:46 Das, Jagannath wrote:
Hi,
   I tried posting data to nginx running on the same host as that of the client(httperf) with keep alive_timeout set to a non-zero value and keep alive_requests set to a non-zero value. I observed that, the server was closing the connection only when the number of requests equalled the value set by the keepalive_requests in the configuration.
What could be the reason?
[..]

And how have you tested it?  Especially, I'm very curious
how it's possible to test it with httperf.

  wbr, Valentin V. Bartenev