Using both keepalive requests and timeout

Das, Jagannath jadas at
Thu Nov 20 11:07:31 UTC 2014

httperf --server localhost --hog --method POST --wsess=1,102,2 --print-reply --print-request

From: "Valentin V. Bartenev" <vbart at<mailto:vbart at>>
Date: Thursday, November 20, 2014 at 2:55 PM
To: "nginx at<mailto:nginx at>" <nginx at<mailto:nginx at>>
Subject: Re: Using both keepalive requests and timeout

On Thursday 20 November 2014 14:43:46 Das, Jagannath wrote:
   I tried posting data to nginx running on the same host as that of the client(httperf) with keep alive_timeout set to a non-zero value and keep alive_requests set to a non-zero value. I observed that, the server was closing the connection only when the number of requests equalled the value set by the keepalive_requests in the configuration.
What could be the reason?

And how have you tested it?  Especially, I'm very curious
how it's possible to test it with httperf.

  wbr, Valentin V. Bartenev

nginx mailing list
nginx at<mailto:nginx at>