too many redirects

B.R. reallfqq-nginx at yahoo.fr
Thu Nov 20 22:25:02 UTC 2014

Maybe start over your configuration, one step at a time, checking
everything you do has the desirect effect?
Step by step, gently, no pressure. That is the way you learn! Do not give
up, if you need specific help people are here to help you :o)

As you just realized, copy-pasting 'magic' configuration snippets from
other people does not always works out of the box. That demosntrates the
fact that copy-pasting != learning :o)

By the way, the 'if' directive is tricky and to be avoided as much as
possible. It is used for very speicifc cases, when you cannot do anyway
else. I have not read thoroughly the link you provided, however by having a
quick look it seemed to me I saw a lot of (too much?) 'if'...

Start with a simple, but working configuration, and solve one
requirement/issue at a time!
Good luck,
---
*B. R.*