Domain Names and directory configuration

angelox nginx-forum at nginx.us
Fri Nov 28 18:21:01 UTC 2014

Hi,

Thank you for responding, Styopa.

At the time my server was setup, Ubuntu 12.04's repositories were outdated,
so I added a repository with the latest development version of nginx, which
was as stable and supported as a final release, and by default the web files
were located in /usr/share/nginx/html. I had no say in that. I've updated it
many times since, and never had any issues. In any event, I'll reconsider
moving my web files to a standard directory, as it is always a good idea.
Thank you for mentioning it.

The examples you sent me worked like a charm, and now I'm a bit closer of
going live.

Best of luck,

Leon R.

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,255083,255215#msg-255215