Nginx 1.6.2 - Redirect users base on 4 digits number provide

mottycruz nginx-forum at nginx.us
Thu Oct 2 16:14:41 UTC 2014

Thank you very much Styopa, I am working on server that was installed by
person no longer in the company. I don't know if Map modules was originally
installed. I am using Ubuntu 10.04.4 TLS.

here is part of my current configuration:

upstream backend {
        server alice.fqdn.com:80;
}

# Note: This following "server" section allows Secure SSL reverse proxy and
controlled redirecting.
server {
        listen       443;
        server_name bob;
        ssl on;
        ssl_certificate /usr/local/nginx/certs/apps.fqdn.com.crt;
        ssl_certificate_key /usr/local/nginx/certs/bob-apps.key;
        server_name_in_redirect on;
        cust_app_version_routing_data_file
/usr/local/nginx/conf/cust_app_version_routing.dat;
        cust_app_version_routing_apps   app1,app2,app3;
        access_log  logs/host.access.log  main;

        proxy_intercept_errors on;
        error_page 404 /myportal/Account/LogOn;
        # Main location
        location / {

my questions is can I add a second "upstream backend" and called "upstream
backend2"? I would like to route specific 4 digits number to "upstream
backend2"? would this is a possibility?

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,253708,253711#msg-253711