map $uri in 1.3.0+ NOT working in 1.6.0+

nikolaos2012 nginx-forum at nginx.us
Fri Oct 3 16:43:29 UTC 2014

Hi Valentin,

I have read that I should be using the location directive unless I have
numerous mappings in other places.

In this case we have about a dozen mappings.

But I am curious if I used the location directive what would the above
mapping example translate to so that it results in a $use_secure variable
that we can include in another file so that it can be used inside multiple
server blocks.

Why do we do it this way... b/c we have standardized templates for the core
server blocks and mappings specific to the domain are prepended to the main
file.

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,253733,253749#msg-253749