proxy_hide_header question

keeyong nginx-forum at
Wed Oct 8 02:42:28 UTC 2014

I am using nginx as a reverse proxy and am trying to log some variables set
by apache to nginx log. So certain HTTP response headers are set by apache
(PHP) and then I log them successfully with $sent_http_* variables.

But then I don't want the info to be exposed to outside world so I tried to
remove them by adding "proxy_hide_header". What happened is that it actually
makes the variables empty so nothing is logged properly. Is there any
work-around for this? I want to remove the entries only for end users but I
want to access them inside my nginx.