nginx imap proxy - timeouts

Dominic dol+list at
Thu Oct 23 14:27:05 UTC 2014

Hi Falko

On 23/10/14 12:26, Falko Koenig wrote:
> Thank you for your help. These options we have already tried. We had the
> same problem using a socket and increasing the option
> net.ipv4.ip_local_port_range didn't help. In the setup we're already
> using loadbalancer to balance the traffic on different hosts. Do you
> have maybe any other suggestions?

Without further informations the guessing goes on.

What version of nginx are you using?
Can you provide your configurations? Especially the timeout settings of

Some suggestions, if you haven't tried them yet.
Are you measuring the response time of the HTTP auth request?
- Add timing informations to you Perl script.
Check the connection limits of your LDAP backends.