Nginx serving Large static files on windows

c0nw0nk nginx-forum at
Sat Oct 25 03:36:57 UTC 2014

directio 2G;

So i allow uploads of 2Gigs and i do streaming and with files being streamed
that are 2gigs in size you can imagine things could of been loading a bit

Now itpp2012 mentioned to me in another area of the forum "(mapping a drive
is slow, use direct ip access)" And with my drives mapped still as soon as i
change this value parameters value to be 2G large video files are served
super fast.

Can anyone tell me if it is bad that i set this value to be so large ?