upstream sent invalid status "-1 Copy failed" while reading response header from upstream

Maxim Dounin mdounin at
Tue Oct 28 00:19:35 UTC 2014

On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 04:44:25PM -0400, NaZz wrote:

> Where should I dig exactly? I am using Nginx with PHP-FPM and I have checked
> the logs but I can't find anything. Where do I dig? I thought this is
> connected to Nginx configuration?

>From nginx point of view, "your upstream server" is _exact_ thing
to dig into.  Anything more specific is beyond the scope of this

Most likely, the problem is in the PHP code on the upstream
server, as I don't think that PHP itself would return such invalid
response for any reason.  But see above, it's unrelated to nginx
and beyond the scope of this list.

Maxim Dounin