Deny certain words

Grozdan neutrino8 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 16:38:29 UTC 2014

On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 3:09 PM, Maxim Dounin <mdounin at mdounin.ru> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> On Tue, Sep 02, 2014 at 12:17:12PM +0100, Steve Wilson wrote:
>
>> Torrent clients have their own user agent normally, I had a need a while
>> back to block some which we used the magic 444 to kill it.
>>
>> if ($http_user_agent ~* (uTorrent|Transmission) ) {
>>  return 444;
>>  break;
>> }
>
> Just a note: you don't need "break" here.
>
> --
> Maxim Dounin
> http://nginx.org/

Hi,

As reported, the above code returns 444 on torrent clients trying to
connect. However, my access logs get filled with nginx sending a 444
response to clients. Is there a way to filter this? I'm currently
using grep -v 'info_hash' to filter but it'll be better if nginx can
do this instead.

Thanks

Yours truly