Windows 2008 - logging off kills nignx

Miguel Clara miguelmclara at
Thu Sep 11 13:45:33 UTC 2014

On September 11, 2014 2:27:52 PM GMT+01:00, ronlemonz <nginx-forum at> wrote:
>Thank you. Seems awkward to set it as a service... in windows.

Why? Doesn't windows run other services? Ex: IIS
Actually I'd prefer of windows and run less services by deafault I always have to do some cleaning, but its worst in desktop than server versions ofc.

> I see
>party solutions to automate niginx as a service... but that seems

you can also simple schedule a task that runs a batch file.

Im not running any windows servers with nginx at the moment but I tested a while ago with (please follow the link to the original repo by sneal) and see if that works for you.