Response header from fcgi server

Francis Daly francis at
Wed Sep 17 07:06:33 UTC 2014

On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 08:49:36AM +0300, wishmaster wrote:

Hi there,

> PHP-application sends response with HTTP header X-Language and I need pass this to nginx.
> With Firebug I see this header, but variable $http_x_language or $sent_http_x_language is empty.
> What I am doing wrong?

$http_x_language is a request header field -- what the client sent
to nginx.

$sent_http_x_language is a response header field -- what nginx sent to
the client.

$upstream_http_x_language would be what an upstream sent to nginx.

What do you do? What do you see? What do you expect to see?

Francis Daly        francis at