Proxy_cache_methods and OPTIONS

idabic nginx-forum at
Fri Sep 19 00:45:32 UTC 2014

I have bounced around quite a lot through forums and documentation to
demistique whether the OPTIONS request method is honoured/allowed by nginx
when it's configured as reverse proxy cache system or not.
I used a test box with nginx 1.4.6 with

"proxy_cache_methods GET OPTIONS;"

to test certain use case for a client but, reloading nginx returned obvious
exception that:

"invalid value "OPTIONS" in /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/default:35"

Documentation says:
Syntax: 	proxy_cache_methods GET | HEAD | POST ...;

proxy_cache_methods GET HEAD;

Context: 	http, server, location

but I dont' see 1. full list and 2. list of allowed methods when proxy_cache
is configured - if it makes the difference.

Anyu thoughts?