Worker processes not shutting down

igorhmm nginx-forum at nginx.us
Fri Sep 19 17:27:30 UTC 2014

Hi BR,

This helps a lot, but I can't find a explanation for my (temporary)
problem.

About a hour ago one of our developers can't access port 80, but everything
goes fine with https. My nginx is listening http and https in the same
server,

With help of tcpdump, we could see packets coming in, but nothing getting
out.

In my newbie understanding, the new worker are ready and got the position,
the old worker is waiting all sockets to be closed to quit. That's it?

But why this user still without response from http for a long period (more
then 20 minutes)? After that, everything come back to work fine.

Thanks again

Igor

Posted at Nginx Forum: http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,221591,253428#msg-253428