Forward single request to upstream server via proxy_store !!

shahzaib shahzaib shahzaib.cb at
Tue Sep 23 17:24:35 UTC 2014

But i cannot switch with proxy_cache because we're mirroring the mp4 files
for random seeking using mp4 module and proxy_cache doesn't support random
seeking. Is there a way i can use bash script with proxy_store ? I want the
following logic to prevent duplicate downloads :-

1st user :-

client (request the test.mp4) --> nginx (file not existed) --> check if
tmp.txt not existed --> create tmp.txt  --> download the test.mp4 from
origin --> remove tmp.txt

2nd user requesting the same test.mp4 :-

client (request test.mp4) --> nginx (file not existed)  --> tmp.txt already
existed (which means nginx already downloading the file) --> redirect user
towards the origin server(keep redirecting users as long as tmp.txt not

3rd user requesting the same test.mp4 :-

client (request test.mp4) --> nginx(file existed) --> serve from the cache.

SO tmp.txt plays the main role here and prevent the subsequent requests for
the same file but i have no idea how to implement it with nginx. Only if
someone point me towards right direction. :(

On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 9:41 PM, Valentin V. Bartenev <vbart at>