Rewriting location directive by upstream servers

thunder hill thunderhill4 at
Fri Sep 26 04:42:47 UTC 2014

On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 2:35 AM, Francis Daly <francis at> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 01:20:18AM +0530, thunder hill wrote:
> Hi there,
> > When I access the upstream server rewrites the url like
> > instead of and  the result is a
> > blank page.
> >
> > Users are allowed either or In both the
> > cases app1 and app2 are getting rewritten with login or some other
> > extension. How to solve this issue.?
> I believe that the easiest way, if you want both to be available via
> the same hostname, is to install-or-configure app1 on backend1 to be
> available below the url /app1/, not below /.
> And do something similar for app2.
> And then remove the final "/" in your proxy_pass directives.

Thats the easiest way. Unfortunately there is no control over backend

Just a thought:
Is there a way to keep the url and go on with That means backend server can only rewrite the
strings after
Or are there any other ways?