matt_l nginx-forum at
Fri Sep 26 22:55:31 UTC 2014

I am using

I am storing a set of of ids.

local a_uuid = "...

a_dict.set(a_dict, a_uuid, a_uuid)

Ideally it would be more efficient for my use case to have lua_shared_set or

Has anyone encounter/ implement a shared bloom filter or shared set in

On a separate note, If I were to store 128 bits (16 bytes)  for the key and
128 bits for the value, I would imagine that a record would take size(key)+
size(value) = 32 bytes of memory. If I want 100 million records I imagine I
need 3.2GB of memory. Can i safely (provided the machine has enough memory)
define lua_shared_dict a_dict 3200m?

Thank you for your help