Forward single request to upstream server via proxy_store !!

shahzaib shahzaib shahzaib.cb at gmail.com
Sat Sep 27 05:41:58 UTC 2014

>>In general it shouldn’t since the ‘?start=’ is handled by nginx and not
varnish, but I’m not exactly sure how the mp4 module of nginx handles a
proxied request.
You have to test it.

Sure, i'll test it.

sub vcl_fetch {
return (pass);
}

You're right about return(pass), coalescing doesn't work with pass.

>>In worst case scenario imho only the first request (before landing on the
proxy_store server) will “fail” eg play from the beginning instead of the
time set.
Well, i am facing more worse scenario that first request always fail to
stream and player(HTML5) keeps on loading.

I'm already checking if there's some config issue with varnish or this is
the default behaviour(Which i don't think it is).

Thanks @RR

Shahzaib