Nginx & Digest authentication

Arun John (arujohn) arujohn at cisco.com
Tue Aug 11 03:35:19 UTC 2015

I have a NGINX that sits in front of my application. I have digest authentication enabled for the application. I’d like a set up where when a user connects to NGINX using Digest, NGINX simply proxies this request to my application where the actual authentication happens. The authentication logic is already available in the application and I just want the NGINX to forward the headers correctly to the app.

Could someone help me on how to accomplish this?

Regards,
Arun