php server side events [sse]

dmiller at amfes.com dmiller at amfes.com
Wed Aug 26 19:33:48 UTC 2015

I have several virtual servers operating with php-fpm perfectly fine.
Buffering/caching with Wordpress is great.  But now...

I'm trying to implement a new site that uses php for server-side events
to stream live updates to clients.  This is, I believe, properly done
with an infinite loop in php that will send events as they occur.  The
problem is the events seem to be getting buffered and don't appear.

If I write the php program to end after sending an event then it works.
If I restart php-fpm then it works - at least for a while.

I've tried numerous config options - obviously what I'm trying isn't
working.  Any suggestions?

--
Daniel