*14177278 readv() failed (104: Connection reset by peer) while reading upstream

silentmiles nginx-forum at nginx.us
Thu Dec 3 23:58:23 UTC 2015

I have also started to see these errors in my log -- readv() failed (104:
Connection reset by peer). I recently upgraded from nginx 1.6.2 to 1.8, and
I think they started from this point.

This is with a Linux/PHP-FPM setup. I've found a few mentions of the above
error with this setup, but they're all related to back-end timeouts. None of
my requests to the back-end run for more than a second or two, so I don't
think this is a timeout issue for me.

Has anyone else seen this issue occur recently, or can provide any pointers?

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,262035,263252#msg-263252